Monday, February 09, 2009

A day of filming on the set of Mr Nice

Just realised it had been an age since I had added to the blog, sorry about that.

Anyway thought I would say a few words about the amazing experience at the weekend when stepping away from the world of music I entered the movie world! Yes on a cold Saturday, at an ungodly early 7am, lol, we attended a carpark in the center of Cardiff, where there were a host of special buses and vans, trucks and caravan and more ready for a days filming on the set of the new movie Mr Nice about the story of Howard Marks the famous legalisation of cannabis campaigner and ex drug runner.

Fantazia supremo James has owned the movie rights to this for over 10 years and now finally all the plans have come together and with the BBC amongst the backers, the filming is several months in, with a release due early next year.

In his roles as executive producer, James roped in all the Fantazia staff, friends and family including me into being extras for the day. First we were allocated roles in the days shooting of a court scene. I was quickly demoted from being a barrister for the defense to being a reporter/photographer. A ghastly went with this job as did shaving of my stubble to create a moustache. .... yuk! But anything in the name of art.

It was a long but very interesting day, we all had a laugh and Rhys Evans (Notting Hill) looked and sounded convincing as Howard Marks.

Now I wonder if my small parts will end up on the cutting floor of history. Do look out for me either as I a pap, on the way out of the court or as a reporter inside. James play a pc all day so you can't miss him.

It was amazing to see how make of a movie works and how many people are involved. You can see how movies cost so many millions to make. I am sure this one will be a massive success and keep any eye out for its launch.

See you at the premier!

No comments: