Thursday, August 27, 2009

I am reading King of Clubs by Terry Turbo...

A friend Fastbuck from the Fantazia forum has kindly given me his copy of King of Clubs by Terry Turbo. This is a factual based account by the founder of One Nation, The Scene and Turbo Promotions about his becoming involved in the rave scene and the general stresses and strains of being involved in that scene.

I am only part the way through so far but some of its is very illuminating and does correspond to a lot of our experiences, though Terry's way of handling them is some what different to my own. Certainly Terry's was the typical blagging confident promoter that seemed to prosper in those wild days. I look forward to reading the rest.

If you are looking to have a read you will have to hunt around as its out of print now with no current plans to reprint. If you look for a copy on Amazon they are asking a lots of money (£80 at the time of this)... goodluck, not sure its worth that though!

No comments: