Thursday, December 21, 2006

Pogues in concert

Went to the Brixton Academy on Tuesday night. Have been a fan of the group since my teens, and in drunken moments have been known to sing a long annoying the neighbours so was very excited to be going to this gigs........... my verdict, what a terrible performance. £30!! for that. The sound quality was truely crap. I could not understand a thing Shane was singing nor what they said between the performance (even when I stood right by the sound desk). not sure whether it was cheap speakers or bad drunken singing, but sadly expect it was the both of them!

How do they get away with that each year? It would have been better to put a CD on and mime or get a tribute band to step in. I know if we put on a Fantazia like that no one would ever attend again.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yound sound like a right wanker all together. How come everyone else could make out the singing and talking.Maybe if you took you head from out your arse you could hear better.

Hey the good thing is,you dont have to go next year now,you can go and spend your £30 on Daniel O'Donnell and experience a true great show,where you old fuckers can hear everyone word he says and note he does.

Bet you wont even put this up on your blog

Unknown said...

Well I stood pretty much everywhere on the ground floor, perhaps in was better on the balconey. Love the band, so dont want to be negative but if the sound is crap its not what you expect at a concert. And I am not anal at all about sound quality generally, just think it would be nice to hear clearly what people are singing throughout the night.

Not a big fan of Daniel O'Donnell and I dont think I am that old (35), though some days I do feel it.

Do use your name next time, but I am pleased to publish anyway. Do tell me more of why you loved the gig (not the Pogues, as I still love them).