Wednesday, July 04, 2012

New interview with Dave Insane from classic Fantazia PA Orca

We managed to catch up with Dave Insane the man behind classic Fantazia PA legend Orca who played at the original One Step Beyond event and who also have tunes on our classic albums Fantazia First Taste & Twice as Nice.   Look out on Saturday as he will be in the crowd to, though lol, not sure you will recognise him from the picture though....

View full piece

It all started when I bought the Roland W30 workstation and found out that Prodigy did their first album on it I just started to get really into the music and how samplers worked etc then I met Darren in Weston S Mare and we put our minds and studio gear together and never looked back really .I was obsessed with dolphins at the time and wanted to use their sounds and songs Orca's meet up every year to exchange songs in a super pod and I had loads of pictures of them everywhere I first wanted to call ourselves Delphis which is Latin for dolphin but Darren looked up at all my wale and dolphin posters in our studio and said what about Orca and we were both yeah nice 1 bruvva Orca it is then. We soon had the whole of Weston behind us.


I was putting on Crucial 6 parties in Weston and Head nights on at Sumos and we started booking top names at the club Weston was on the rave circuit and everyone loved it . We used to go to free parties in convoys of 50 + cars and play our tunes through the car sound system and everyone would dance around the motor and we 'd give out tapes to everyone. Eventually I got a loan to make a thousand tape copies of Waves Of Extinction our first album, I used our studio as collateral, I thought that would be a good incentive ha ha and it was . We were asked to play a Circus Warp party and we were on after Easygroove but we just didn't feel comfortable shining torches and plugging into the mixer.....View full piece

No comments: